The Ginger Moose Elopement Experience
I believe every couple should walk away from their elopement with a complete set of images that tells their love story. You’ll own all of your edited high resolution elopement images to view, print, and share forever.
Elopement Collections Include:
→ Custom timeline created to fit your unique elopement experience
→ Your guide to finding an EPIC location
→ Recommended florists, hair & makeup artists, officiants, and anything else to save you the stress
→ Available to answer questions throughout the entire planning process
→ Elopement day photography coverage
→ 15-20 sneak peek images within 24 hours
→ Within 4 weeks, your edited, high resolution digital photos are yours to keep forever – no hidden costs
→ Online elopement gallery to share with friends & family
→ Professional high quality gift prints
Prices for 2023/2024 starting at $2,500
Elopements are an incredible way to combine a fun, memorable, and adventurous experience with your vows and commitment to your partner. Consider what would bring you life. What have you always wanted to do together? What’s your perfect day? The sky is the limit and I’m here to capture your dream!
Some ideas include:
- Jeeping in Moab, Utah
- A sunrise hike to a San Juan mountain peak
- Paddle boarding after your vows
- Rafting the river
- Helicopter ride to a once in a lifetime location
- Fly fishing
- A personal chef cooking a meal for a collection of your closest friends or family
I encourage you to think about what is meaningful to you, after all, that is what is so fantastic about eloping. You don’t have to stress about what others expectations are, instead you get to decide what you are most excited about. A few questions to think about:
- Do we want desert arches, mountain peaks, alpine lakes, rivers, or forests?
- What kind of activities do we want to do before/during/after our elopement?
- Where do we want to stay the night(s) after our elopement?
- Are we having guests? How many? Are we bringing our dog(s)?
These are all wonderful things to start to process as a couple. I would love to help you process and decide what sounds best for your experience!
I focus on capturing images that tell the story of who you are as a couple. I love to interact my couples and see what makes them come alive.
I believe that getting your picture taken should be easy and fun…without all the fuss. Captured in a natural outdoor setting to make you look your absolute best. Authentic. Bright. Full of joy!
The best months depend on where you want elope ~ high mountains are fantastic June through October, unless you want a snowy adventure, which is great between December-April. Want to go to the desert? Fall and spring are fantastic times of year before it gets too hot. The great news about elopements is that they can be planned for any time of the year and are actually best on a weekday when there is less traffic, people, and more open surroundings for photos. It’s wonderful to start planning your elopement 3-9 months in advance so you can secure lodging, travel plans, and have time to think about what kind of experience you want.
As for time of day, sunrise or sunset are the ideal times for photos to highlight the amazing landscape and best lighting. Elopements begin at 4 hours of coverage, and can go anywhere up to 12 hours. Let’s chat to discuss the specifics of your day!
How the Elopement Photography Experience Works
PICK your photographer
- Each couple and elopement day are one of a kind. I’d love to connect to get to know you, learn what you desire for your elopement experience, and what’s important to you for your photos.
- Let me serve you from my 12+ years of professional wedding & elopement photography experience capturing hundreds of joy-filled couples.
- Reach out so we can connect and see if I am available for your date!
PLAN your day
Let me be your guide to joy filled elopement photos
- Now is the fun part! Choose what kind of elopement experience you want to have. Jeeping in the mountains? Backpacking into an alpine lake? A picnic with your closest friends? Helicopter ride? Adventure in the desert? You name it, it can be done! I’m here to capture your dream.
- I’ll be your local resource to epic locations! and planning for best lighting and timing of photos.
- 8 weeks before your elopement date, I’ll make sure your completely prepared by creating a custom timeline for your day.
- Have questions throghout the elopement planning process? I’m here for you!
PHOTOS you will treasure
Your Elopement Day
- It’s here! I’ll capture all the intricate details, authentic moments, important interactions, amazing scenery, and important aspects of your elopement experience.
- Capturing photos with ease and grace is so important to me ~ this is where experience really pays off. I will be a calm presence on your day, helping you feel at ease and comfortable in front of the camera.
- Delivery of all edited images within 4 weeks of your elopement
- Online elopement gallery for everyone you want to share to download digital images, no hidden costs
Hi, I'm Vanessa
I’m a Colorado girl. An outdoor enthusiast. An afficiando of delicious baked goods. A mountain biking newbie. A guitar player and music fanatic. A lover of impromptu dance parties. A huge fan of good food and dear friends gathered around a kitchen island, fire pit, or homemade skillet pizza. I’m a wife, mom, friend, traveler, photographer, child of God, and one happy girl.
Photography with heart
With 12 years of professional photography experience, I love capturing the heart and authentic emotion in people through bright, beautiful images. I want to tell people's stories through photographs and find it a complete joy to be invited into people's lives. My hope is to give you an amazing, joyful experience and photos you will treasure!
Married to my college sweetheart
He's my best friend, adventure buddy, and all around favorite guy. We love to hike, mountain bike, cook delicious food, explore Colorado, play cribbage, create new cocktails, take road trips in our VW camper bus, and experience life together.
Meet my family
I love being a Mom. It gives me such purpose and joy. These two beautiful, creative, adventure-loving girls fill my life with light, laughter, and beauty. You can often find us running the trails, biking into town for a scone, rafting the river, gathered around a board game, playing badminton, jumping on the trampoline, or having friends over for yard games.
City raised, mountain based
I grew up in St. Paul Minnesota enjoying lakes, access to amazing restaurants, shopping, and all that the city had to offer. I always pictured myself in a big city, but after getting married, we packed up and moved to a mid-sized Colorado mountain town, my husband's childhood dream. Now, I've fallen head over heels for where we live and I've become a mountain girl at heart. I'm so grateful to call Colorado home for the last 17 years, with so many outdoor pursuits right out my front door! A few of my favorites: mountain biking, hiking, fly fishing, rafting, and skiing. Being outside makes me feel so alive. I'm definitely biased, but I think Durango is one of the best places to live. You've got to come and visit! I'd love to share some of my favorite places with you ~ better yet, take your photograph in one of my favorite spots!
38 projects and counting
Wowzers. We didn't exactly know what we were getting into when we bought a 120 year old home in the heart of Durango. We've jumped into renovating it one project at a time ~ and thanks to YouTube, we're on our way. Blood, sweat, and tears. We've experienced a little bit of all of them.
Always on the hunt for the next great recipe
Have I mentioned how much I love food??? I don't just like food, I love it! My perfect day ends with a glass of good whiskey, my Old Time Dinner Music playlist, and garlic sizzling in some olive oil on the stove. Mmmm ... what's for dinner????
I've got you covered
I love using the best lenses, camera bodies, and gear to capture you! You just show up, I'll take care of the rest.
Clients Love Ginger Moose
We had the best experience on our
wedding day! Vanessa is so warm and
caring. With her help the day turned out JUST
how I imagined, but even better
Best engagement photos ever!
Vanessa helped me plan the most
incredible proposal and the whole
experience was absolutely amazing!
Vanessa is incomparable! We live out of
state, and Vanessa was our guide to
the best locations, vendors, and timeline.
No way would we have pulled
this off without her professionalism,
experience and optimism! We are forever grateful!
As a wedding venue owner, wedding
coordinator and personal client- working
with Vanessa is an absolute DREAM!
Vanessa was completely organized,
genuine, and calm, which made us feel so relaxed
and ultimately this led to very natural, beautiful photos.
We cannot believe how lucky
we are to have found her!
I cannot say enough great things about Vanessa!
She is the sweetest human being
and made me feel on top of the world
on my wedding day. We will cherish
our photos forever!
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m ready to book my session or elopement. What do I do?
Hurray! I’d love to get to know you and hear about what you want for your elopement experience. Each elopement is one of a kind, and aI want to serve you and the vision you have for your day. Simply fill out a Contact Form below and I will be in touch soon!
How would you describe your style of photography?
I photograph in a fine art mixed with photojournalism style. I focus on capturing images that tell the story of who you are as a couple. Natural. Intimate. Sun-filled. Bright. Breathtaking. And beautiful.
I believe that getting your picture taken should be easy and fun…without all the fuss. Captured in a natural outdoor setting to make you look your absolute best. I want to capture authentic moments that are true to who you are.
I’ll work with you to pose and put you in settings and lighting that makes you look the best … then I’ll let your natural interactions take center stage. On a typical elopement day, I’m a mix of hands on and behind the scenes. Capturing moments as they naturally unfold, as well as directing you both for some gorgeous portraits that tell the story of your day, your love, and the surrounding beauty.
How does the elopement process work?
- Simply scroll down to submit a Contact Form. I’ll be in touch shortly so that we can connect and talk more about you and your elopement wishes.
- Pick a date! Let’s get it reserved. Preferably 3-12 months in advance so that there is time to plan your adventure.
- Planning. This is one of the fun parts! How do you want to spend your day? Jeeping? Hiking? Swimming? Rafting? Dream up and plan your adventure. I also have AMAZING planner recommendations for local planners who are experts at taking care of the details nad making your vision a reality. I highly recommend hiring a planner!
- 8 weeks out from your date, we’ll schedule time to chat and create your cusom elopement timeline.
- Here’s my favorite part! The elopement day! I can’t wait to capture the joy and beauty of your special experience. This is truly what I love. Getting to spend time with you both and create stunning images that capture your story.
- Within 48 hours, I will send over some sneak peek images so you can share with friends and family.
- Within four weeks of your elopement, your edited photos will be ready in an online gallery to view, share, and download. Shortly after you receive your online gallery, I will send a drive of all of your edited photos to view, share, print and cherish forever.
Where do you live? Do you travel?
Anywhere and everywhere! While most of the elopements I capture take place in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, or Arizona, I’m happy to travel to the elopement destination of your choice! Bonus points if you want to elope in Ireland. I LOVE Ireland and always want an excuse to go back!
Please fill out the form below and I will connect with you soon about your session or wedding. I reply to all inquiries within 48 hours.
Ginger Moose Photography specializes
in documenting weddings and elopements in Durango, Telluride, Pagosa Springs, Ouray, Moab and throughout Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona. I also travel throughout Colorado, U.S., and internationally for destination elopements. Please inquire about your specific elopement date and location. Ginger Moose Photography accepts a limited number of elopements per year to ensure the highest level of service and attention to each of my clients, so make sure to get in touch soon.
What’s my specialty? Making you feel comfortable in front of the camera so that you get genuine, heartfelt photographs that you absolutely love. I’ll capture authentic moments in a relaxed, no fuss way to maximize the joy of your elopement day.
I’m here to serve you and be your guide to all things elopement photography ~ from timeline recommendations to lighting tips. I’ll walk alongside you to capture an elopement that you fully enjoy and photograph real moments that you can treasure for a lifetime.