Every year Dj and I hop on a plane and leave our worries, jobs, and kiddos behind for a weekend of pure bliss with college friends from good ol' Taylor University. Nine years and counting of what we affectionately call Muskiefest. It's a chance to reconnect, laugh, eat delicious food, relax, and catch ridiculously large fish!
I'm a Minnesota girl deep down, born and raised, so these days out on the lake are food for the soul! The sunshine, wind in my hair, and time on the water are so rejuvenating for me. Add in good friends...and I'm pretty much in heaven.
And then there's the food.
Praise God for Italians. I love them. And their pasta. And pizza. And wine. And they're obsession with love, and carbs. I think I must have some Italian heritage buried under all this red hair!
I couldn't close out today without sharing one of my favorite Muskiefest recipes with you...pasta with an amazing lemon cream sauce. Don't worry, like all good Italian meals, it's low in calories. :)
3 lbs. boneless-skinless chicken (slice chicken into small bite sized pieces)
salt and pepper
stick of butter
fresh whole lemon (grate yellow part of rind, then squeeze juice)
pint whipping cream or half and half
1. Salt and pepper chicken on each side.
2. Sauté chicken in melted butter in large fry pan, cooking until edges are white, then turn and finish other side. If you have a meat thermometer, use it to check and make sure it is cooked through, or cut open a piece to see if it is done. Try not to overcook. Put chicken pieces onto baking sheet.
3. Add lemon juice and rind to the butter and heat. I usually just start with half of the lemon rind and half the juice, then add more to taste...depending how strong you like the lemon flavor.
4. Next add whipping cream and heat through (do not boil).
5. Pour butter/cream mixture over chicken, sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese and place under broiler for a few minutes, just until golden.
6. Serve over angel hair pasta or rice, with salad.
And voila! Dinner is served!
Happy Friday, friends!