It's Friday and I thought we could all use a little happy to bring us into the weekend.
One thing that makes me happy is my little Ingrid. She's joyful, spunky, and says some of the silliest things.
I've kept a little journal of some of the funnies she's said this past year, and looking back makes my heart happy. Here's just a few:
- "God makes trees and everything with his big Jesus wand."
- "Mom, let's pretend that I'm the garbage and Lucy's the trash can."
- "No, Mama. You're making me frustrating."
- Ingrid was sitting at the kitchen table drawing when my Dad (who was visiting from Minnesota) came in to the room and complimented Ingrid on her drawing.
My Dad: "Wow, what a beautiful drawing sweetheart. It looks like a bird!"
To which Ingrid replied, "Yeah, it's a Bald Seagull."
- We were leaving to go do errands one day and DJ was home sick in bed. Before we left, Ingrid went to his door and said, "Bye, Daddy. God will feel you better."
- While playing beauty shop with Ingrid one day, she finished styling my hair. I said, "How do I look?" She replied,"Darn and good."
- Me, "Ingrid, do you want milk or water before bed?" Her response, "Pizza." Well, you can't blame the girl for trying.
- As we were leaving the park one day I said, "Let's hit the road Jack!" To which she replied, "No, I'm Ingy."
- While driving home in the car one day, I told DJ that I had a pounding headache. Later that day Ingrid asked me, "Momma, do you still have a pound ache?"
- Ingrid: "Mom, you need to go to the store to get me that one more birthday present."
Me, "Well, your birthday is over this year so you don't get any more birthday presents, but Christmas is coming up, so you could ask for something for Christmas."
Ingy, "I want a bathing eye suit."
Me, "A bathing eye suit?"
Ingrid, "Yeah, you know that suit that goes over your eyes so you can go under the water?"
Me, "Oh....You mean goggles?"
Ingrid, "Yeah, goggles. I want goggles for Christmas."
Oh kids. For all of the ways they can stretch and challenge us, they sure make up for it in the ways they make us laugh.
Okay, and if you haven't ever seen any of the old Art Linkletter Kids Say the Darndest Things clips, then stop whatever you are doing and watch this clip below. You'll thank me later. This is for your mental health, after all.
(Sorry for the low quality! Just stick with it....trust me! It's worth it)
What are some funny things that your kids have said?